Yokan J-Fashion & Con-Couture Brand Fashion Show
Since it’s official start in 2019, Anime St.Louis has hosted the Yokan Show, which specializes in showcasing indie brands from across the nation; including JFashion to various artists who vend fandom wear (AKA our “Con-couture” styles). The Yokan show has had the great opportunity to showcase local STL brands Generation Monster & NightWhisper Lolita, as well as providing various small businesses with their very first show.
The Yokan Show is held on SATURDAY of the convention.
All AnimeSTL attendees are welcome to apply to model for a brand, regardless of their size, gender identity, or ability. Your participation in the show is on a volunteer basis. All models must have an AnimeSTL badge to participate, no exceptions.
CLICK HERE TO SEND IN A MODELING FORM
GHOST GiRL GOODS
GHOST GiRL GOODS is a kawaii and Harajuku fashion inspired clothing brand from Toronto, Canada. They work closely with the following Japanese brands; 6%DOKIDOKI, NUEZZZ, and HYPER CORE, and have done various collaborations with them. The brand slogan “BE STRANGE. FEAR THE NORM.” encourages others to fear blending in and let their true colours shine, no matter how bright they are! A collection of fun characters reside in GHOST GiRL HQ, which include the 5 monsters who you may even see on various products.
The GGG dynamic duo is looking forward to visiting Anime St. Louis for the first time and hopes you enjoy their colourful fashion, hype energy, and fun panels!
Hard Decora brings you comics, apparel, and accessories inspired by alternative fashion and the need to be aggressively cute!
TikTok – @harddecora
FB – @hard decora
Lulu Van Hoagland
Lulu Van Hoagland’s work focuses on mental health and emotional struggles. Eyes, tears, and detached body parts abound in an attempt to explain invisible pain in a visible space.
Socials: Instagram @luluvanhoagland
Since its launch in 2011, J.fashion brand Pop Princess strives to embody the pastel sweet and gothic coexisting within, each design lovingly handmade with thoughtful intention to ensure one feels as unique as they are: a work of art. The designer strives to uphold artisan values of slow fashion with thoughtful intention, creating inclusive designs for the LGBTQIA community and giving back to fight social injustice.
Socials: Instagram @ pop.princess.designs
Lolita & J-fashion Swap Meet
♥Usually Sunday of the Convention ♥
Have a coord you’re tired of wearing? Have some accessories that don’t match your wardrobe? Bring them to the Lolita & Jfashion Swap Meet to trade or sell them to fellow Jfashion Enthusiasts! Jfashion Swap Meets are ideal for those trying to clean up their wardrobe, gain new pieces and/or meet new enthusiasts. Simply bring everything you no longer plan on wearing from your closet or just some cash to participate in the event.
- All clothing must be Jfashion. If it is not, you will be asked to put it away. (Examples being jeans, t-shirts, etc…)
- Items do not have to be brand! However we do ask that no replicas be sold at our event.
- Upon leaving the event, you agree upon the terms Anime St. Louis is not responsible for the price, trades or exchanges done within the event. Please be sure to try on and inspect every piece you are interested in. Dressing tents will be provided.
- Anime St. Louis is not responsible for any exchange of monetary value. The transaction is the sole responsibility of both parties.
- Absolutely NO food or drink, hotel or convention center provided or not, within the event.
- Only second hand is allowed. This is not a space to sell new products you created or on behalf of a company. (This does not include dresses you purchased but have not worn.)
- We take theft very seriously. Theft results in immediate removal from the swap meet, future swap meets and possibility of badge removal from Anime St. Louis.
- Report suspicious activities to the staff members at the event.
- This event is strictly for those interested in J-Fashion. If you are not interested in buying, trading or selling, you will be asked to leave after a certain amount of time. This is a safe space for J-Fashion Enthusiasts!
- If you are making the J-fashion enthusiasts hopefuls uncomfortable, you will be asked to leave.
- When in doubt, ask questions about the piece you are interested in.
- Keep a list/inventory of everything you bring up for trade or sale. Keep track of what you sell/trade and your transactions.
- Label your things clearly with a price, “TRADE ONLY” or price and trade. Make it clear what you’re wanting for this piece.
- Clean your hands before handling others pieces!
- Always ask before handling others pieces, and ask before trying it on.
- If you have any cats, dogs or other allergy-inducing animals that may affect the pieces, please label them clearly. Happy fashion hunting!