AMV League with Vitamin H
Join the celebration of anime by creating your own emotion-inducing anime music video (AMV)! Produced by Vitamin H, the AMV League is a national contest for AMV producers and con attendees. To find out more and submit your entry, please click the link below.
Mini Escape Room Experience
Come join Escape On Main & Unchained STL at AnimeSTL all weekend as they offer mini-Escape Room experiences. Can you work as a team to crack codes, find hidden clues and solve challenging puzzles? Take part in the adventure captivating the country with a room specially designed for our convention. Each 15 minute session is $5 per person or use a special group rate of $25 for 6 people. Get code-cracking with your friends at AnimeSTL! (Please note: An AnimeSTL 2018 badge is still required to participate in the experiences).
ESCAPE ON MAIN ROOM PRE-REGISTRATION COMING SOON
Two great fashion events coming to AnimeSTL!
Okashi Fashion Show will be dedicated to introducing attendees to different Jfashions and showcasing individual models’ Jfashion inspired coordinates. Anime St. Louis will not be providing coordinates or brands to wear for Okashi Fashion Show. We want locals to apply with their own coordinates relating to Jfashion!
The Okashi Fashion Show will be on Friday, May 4th 2018 of the Convention at 7:00 PM. CLICK HERE TO APPLY TO BECOME A MODEL FOR THE EVENT! The deadline to submit is April 1st, 2018. Applicants must have a convention badge at time of check-in on Friday, May 4th in order to still participate. Pre-registration is not required, but encouraged.
**Please be sure to have 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM available on Friday to dedicate to rehearsals and the show.**
Yokan Fashion Show will feature our Jfashion & Con-Couture indie brand & designer guests. The Yokan Fashion Show will be on Saturday, May 5th 2018 of the Convention. Click here to apply to model the fashions of Arsenic x Cyanide.
Anime St. Louis Got Talent
Hosted by Ryzen
Saturday 11:00 AM – JBR CD,St. Charles Convention Center, Lower Level
Grand Prize: (2) Free Badges for 2019, a blurb in the 2019 Program Book and gets to perform at our Opening Ceremonies in 2019!
If you want to see the hidden explosive talents of people here at Anime St. Louis, then this is the spot! For decades, anime conventions have always had many fantastic people with hidden talents, or talents that they love to show off. Well, now’s your time to bring it to the stage. This is pure raw talent against pure raw talent, and it’s all packed into one awesome show here at Anime St. Louis! So make sure to swing by for an absolutely astounding 2hr show!
Anyone can sign up and be a part of the fun! Be sure to read the important times below to be a part, and if you have music you want us to use, please be sure to bring it on a flash drive (MP3s preferred). Not everyone can be a part of the main performance, so be sure to sign up at-con and go to the tryouts!
Sign-ups – Friday, 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM table outside of Grand Ballroom D, St. Charles Convention Center, Upper Level
Rehearsals – Friday, 10:00 PM – 12:00 AM in Meeting Room 101, St. Charles Convention Center, Lower Level
Setup / Meeting Up – Saturday, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM in Junior CD, St. Charles Convention Center, Lower Level
Performance – Saturday, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM in Junior CD, St. Charles Convention Center, Lower Level
ASTL Food Showdown
Does your heart beat fast and adrenaline pump while watching Food Wars!? Have you ever wanted to compete in a food competition, but never gotten a chance? Anime St. Louis wants to give YOU that opportunity! In a two hour event on Sunday, May 6th at 1:00 PM, two attendees and last year’s winner will face off to see who will be Anime St. Louis second Food Showdown! Each year will have a dish announced after contenders are chosen and will be announced with the contenders on Facebook!
GRAND PRIZE – The prize for the winner is a (2) FREE WEEKEND PASSES to Anime St. Louis 2019, a guaranteed spot to compete in the 2019 showdown and a trophy.
**From feedback, we’ve updated the experience this year so please be sure to read the new setup!**
This year, we’ll be announcing three (3) special ingredients that must be incorporated!
- The competition will be three rounds in total. Based on the theme announced after the competitors are chosen, they must make a THREE (3) COURSE meal and each course will be per round. The rounds & courses will compromise of:
- ROUND ONE – Cold OR Hot Appetizer (20 minutes)
- ROUND TWO – Main Course & Side Dish (35 minutes)
- ROUND THREE – Dessert (20 minutes)
- You must make (3) servings of each course, one for each judge. Each must be identical.
- There are (3) special ingredients. Competitors can decide which course each special ingredient is incorporated in but it can’t be in more than one of the courses.
- At the end of each round, the judges will taste the dish and write their opinions down. Then the competitors will prep for the next round. After the third round and tasting, the judges will begin deliberating before announcement of the winner.
- We want to see you get creative! This year you can bring any groceries and additional electronics you want.
Guidelines/Things to Know
- No professional cooking experience required. We just ask for keeping your hands clean (no touching of your hair or face) during the prep and cooking process.
- Special Ingredient is announced after the competitors are chosen to accommodate any allergies or special dietary restrictions.
- Vegetarians, Pescatarian, Vegans, Gluten Intolerant, etc.…All cooks of every background and dietary are welcome!
- ANIME ST. LOUIS will provide per contender the (3) special ingredients, (1) 3-cup rice cooker and (2) hot plates.
- ATTENDEE will provide cooking utensils, electronics (beyond what’s provided) pots and pans, spices, seasonings and groceries.
- If you wish to bring an additional electronic that needs hookup, we ask you warn us ahead of time so we can have power properly ready.
- Aprons will not be provided.
- We will have first aid onsite for any incidents.
- Must be able to cook under pressure and possibly under a camera/may be streamed.
- April 23rd, contenders will be informed by the end of the day if they were chosen, the theme and special ingredients. In the e-mail, we will enclose what this year’s dish will be. Tuesday, April 24th, we will publicly announce the contenders.
- If you wish to use alcohol in your recipe, you must be 21+. There are no exceptions.
- Contenders must arrive by 12:00 PM on Sunday, May 6th in Grand Ballroom CD in the St. Charles Convention Center. No prepping or marinating may begin, but setup of your designated area and additional electronics can begin.
- We will be providing a way to wash your hands after prepping raw meats.
- End products will get photographed for the ASTL social media and website for future advertisement.