ASTL 2018 Registration
At-Door Badge Prices (Apr 1 – May 6th)
(Additional taxes and fees apply)
Weekend – $55
Friday – $40
Saturday – $45
Sunday – $35
Cosplay Discount – $5 off
Military Discount – $10 off
Child passes for 7 – 12 yrs old – $5
Child passes for 6 and under – Free
Chaperone Passes (Details below)- $15
Registration Booth Hours
Thursday, May 3rd – 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Friday, May 4th – 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, May 5th – 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, May 6th – 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
PRE-REGISTRATION CUT-OFF DAY
We will have two pre-registration periods this year. The first period will be September through December, and the second period will be from Jan. 1st through March 31st. After that, pre-registration will close, so be sure to pre-register before the final day! At door sales will be available after that, both online and at the door.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS WEEKEND BADGES ONLY
Over 80% of our pre-registration sales were for weekend badges the past few years. In order to speed-up the pre-registration process, both before and at the event, we will only be offering weekend badges for pre-registration. One day badges will be offered during the at-door sales period only and will be eligible for the cosplay and military discounts.
PRE-REG BADGE PICKUP AND AT-DOOR SALES
Anime St. Louis does not mail out badges ahead of time. All badges will be available for pick-up at the registration table starting Thursday, May 3rd at 6 p.m. at the St. Charles Convention Center. At-door badges can be purchased at the registration booth at that time as well.
Thanks to Eventbrite, attendees only need to bring their Eventbrite ticket to claim their badge, either printed or on their mobile device. When picking up an 18+ badge, you must have a form of state ID that shows your birthday and photo. These include driver’s licenses, passports, military ID, etc. If you do not have one available when you pick-up your badge, you will be given a 17 and under badge instead.
Due to security reasons, no one is allowed to pick-up another person’s badge, even if they have a copy of that person’s ID.
SALES TAX & EVENTBRITE FEES (New for 2018)
We are excited to be using Eventbrite in order to improve our registration process! To pay for the improved quality system, there will be a small fee with each badge bought. In addition, we must now charge sales tax for our passes. Your total with these additions will be shown within Eventbrite, and will be dependent on the type of passes bought.
CHILD PASSES AND CHAPERONE PASSES
Children ages 7 – 12 are $5 and children 6 and under are free.
When buying a pass for someone under the age of 18, parents and chaperones may also purchase a Chaperone Pass for themselves so that they may accompany their kids throughout the event. Chaperone Passes can only be purchased by people 30 years of age and older and are $15 each. The passes grant the same access permissions as a regular badge so that parents and chaperones can access the same rooms as our attendees.
18+ BADGES, EVENTS, AND IDS
Some parts of our evening programming will be rated as 18+. In order to gain access to these events, you will be required to show your 18+ badge and your ID at the door in order to prove your age. This is to prevent badge switching, and anyone caught trying to do so will be warned or even have their badge pulled. Attendees who are 17 and younger cannot attend 18+ events even when accompanied by friends or family that are 18+.
REFUND AND TRADING POLICY
Pre-registration badges cannot be refunded, except in the case of event cancellation. No refunds will be given at or after the event.
For transferring purchases, attendees should be able to do that within Eventbrite and edit their information (ie, the buyer info will remain the same, but the name and badge information can be changed so that someone else can pickup the pass). Any issues with this should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOTEL BADGE PICK-UP – EMBASSY SUITES GUESTS ONLY
Our main hotel for the year is once again the Embassy Suites that is connected to the convention center. In addition to a lot of great amenities, additional programming will take place in the hotel like our Honey Tea Maid Cafe, Nerdy Night Lounge, and more. The biggest added benefit is that you also don’t have to stand in line to pick-up your badge, you can get it when you check-in to your room! If you purchase pre-registered passes and also have a reservation with the Embassy Suites in our room block, please e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your hotel confirmation number and we’ll add you to our pick-up list. You can also add up to 3 friends (who have also pre-registered) so that you can all get checked in and then hit the con floor even quicker! All requests for this service must be received by April 1st, 2018.
GROUP DISCOUNT – (Currently disabled for 2018)
With a new system comes a new learning curve. Currently, a group discount that works with Eventbrite and how we did it before is not available, but we’re aiming to get one figured out by November 2017. We’ll announce when it’s ready.
MILITARY DISCOUNT GUIDELINES – VALID FOR BOTH PRE-REG AND AT-DOOR
To honor our brave servicemen and women, we will begin offering a special military discount for active, reserve, retired or disabled veterans. The discount is not applicable to dependents or other family and cannot be combined with other discounts.
Attendees must present one of the valid IDs listed below to receive the discount. Like with our cosplay discount, failure to meet the below requirements when you pick up your badge will require the remainder of your fee be paid before you may receive your badge:
- Active Duty Military ID card with a picture.
- A Retired Military ID card with a picture.
- VA Card (Department of Veterans Affairs) — MUST have the words SERVICE CONNECTED under picture.
- Disabled Veterans should have a Veteran’s Identification Card (VIC) that is given to them from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. The VIC and their Driver’s License should be sufficient identification to get the Military Discount.
COSPLAY DISCOUNT GUIDELINES – VALID FOR BOTH PRE-REG AND AT-DOOR
- Casual Clothes/”A for Effort” rule: With more characters in casual dress becoming popular, we want to clarify what would qualify for the discount. Only wearing jeans and a t-shirt do not qualify. We request that some effort be put into the outfit. Make-up, wigs, and props can help.
- Schoolgirls: If cosplaying a schoolgirl, please avoid doing so with just a generic outfit. The closer you are to resembling a character from an anime or to your costume looking like a Japanese school uniform, the better. If you’re unsure about your costume, bring in a reference picture you used to make your costume to help us in making our decision.
- Lolita fashion: All Lolita fashion is allowed.
- Accessories: Wearing cat ears and a tail while wearing what you would normally wear on an average day will not count as a costume. We feel that it is only wearing accessories. This counts toward many of the popular items sold/seen at conventions, including an Urahara hat, Bleach Captain haori, ninja headband, or Akatsuki cloak. It needs to be a full costume.
- OCs and RPCs (Original characters and role play characters): This rule can be a little tricky, so bear with us. As these are characters that are your own, the rulings for them may be strict, and we ask for your patience when decisions are made. Some guidelines are as follows:
-Bringing a reference picture of the character, while not a guarantee, can help you.
-Your character cannot be in just casual clothes, or a-like set-up as stated in the “Accessories” rules. This also includes rave outfits.
- Other pop culture influences: We’re not about to turn away Darth Vader, because he might force-choke a staff member. Costumes influenced/from other pop culture icons are allowed.
- Original costume designs: Original costume designs are welcome, but to help make the process faster, please follow the statement below.
If you are concerned that you won’t qualify for the discount, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with a description of your costume and a picture of it. Doing so will also make the process for you quicker as we will have seen your cosplay ahead of time.
Note that these rules are subject to change at any given time, and Anime St. Louis has the right to allow or deny the discount based on our rules. We apologize to those who think they are strict, but we feel that as our event becomes bigger, we need to begin creating guidelines in order to make registration easier and faster as well as to avoid those that wish to gain a discount without effort. This discount is a privilege, not a right. We wish to keep the discount for years to come as cosplay and costuming in general play big roles in events like ours, and we wish to fully encourage it. We thank you for your patronage and can’t wait to see what you have planned. Thank you!