Anime St. Louis Got Talent!
Come and show off your skill whether it’s juggling with (prop) daggers or breakdancing while eating ramen! Do you have what it takes to be Anime St. Louis’s Super Star of this year?! Only one way to find out! Please see below if you are interested in submitting a tryout for our 2017 show! Hosted by Rekless Krew’s Ryzen Xia!
- Keep your talent PG-13 and relatively safe. So if you’re a comedian who excessively swears or a sword swallower, this may not be for you. If you’re unsure and need to ask if your talent is within our guidelines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org & RyzenXia@Reklesskrew.com
- All Anime St. Louis general & cosplay rules apply.
- If your talent is physical, such as breakdancing or being a contortionist, and you are accepted, we will ask you to sign a waiver acknowledging you understand the risks involved in performing your talent and that Anime St. Louis will not be held liable if your performance doesn’t go as planned
- Talents involving any singing as well as any other audio must have those audio files provided by the performing attendee. Also, any equipment related to the talent must be provided by the attendee
- All submissions must be turned in by April 24th. This guarantees that your audition will be seen. You may still audition in person, but at that point it will be limited to how many slots are left and possible time constraints
- All performances MUST be under 2min and 30 seconds long. If even a second over, your audition will not be acknowledged
- You will receive an email on May 1st if you’ve been accepted to compete
- The people who audition get first dibs on front row seats to the show
- You must have a AnimeSTL 2017 badge for the weekend to rehearse and compete.
- Winner of the 2017 show will receive a free badge to AnimeSTL 2018.
- Groups are able to apply, but the cap for free badges for AnimeSTL 2018 for groups is 5.
AMV League with Vitamin H
Join the celebration of anime by creating your own emotion-inducing anime music video (AMV)! Produced by Vitamin H, the AMV League is a national contest for AMV producers and con attendees. To find out more and submit your entry, please click the link below.
Mini Escape Room Experience
Come join Escape On Main at AnimeSTL on Saturday the 13th as they offer a mini-Escape Room experience. Can you work as a team to crack codes, find hidden clues and solve challenging puzzles? Take part in the adventure captivating the country with a room specially designed for our convention. Each 15 minute session is $5 per person or use a special group rate of $25 for 6 people. Get code-cracking with your friends at AnimeSTL!
The streets of Harajuku are taking Anime St. Louis by storm!
Japanese fashion lovers unite! Interested in modeling? Fall into your favorite J-fashion at the Okashi fashion show!
We’ll be presenting the various eye catching fashions from Japan, and would love for you to be a part of it! All are welcome to apply, any gender, any size! We’re looking for models who are passionate and wish to show St. Louis all about the Japanese fashion they love.
This year’s theme is:
Winter Snowfall – Spring Has Come
- All applicants must have a badge coordinating with the fashion show date.
- Models must have their own clothing items to portray in the show.
- Models must be able to arrive at least one hour early and dressed OR arrive two hours early with your ensemble to get ready behind the scenes but your makeup and hair must be ready prior to arrival. Arriving earlier is also acceptable.
- The deadline to apply is April 30th, 2017. No entries will be accepted after that.
Additional Notes & Guidelines
- Not every applicant is subject to an acceptance.
- Outfit does not have to adhere to theme, but is encouraged! If the outfit does not match our theme, it does not hurt the chances of acceptance.
- If you are accepted, you will receive an e-mail within 1-4 days with further instructions. If you are not accepted, you will be informed.
- At this time, we are not accepting warm bodies/models we have to provide the outfits to.
- After models are selected, they are urged to join the Okashi fashion show group for updates, Q&A, advice etc leading up to the show!
- If models need extra accessories/clothing they must notify a fashion show team member Friday or early Saturday before the fashion show time slot starts.
- As of 2017, participants are allowed to apply two SEPARATE outfits for the show. Just re-apply a second time, we will receive and understand it is two entries. Both outfits may not be accepted. It is highly recommended the outfits coordinate enough for a quick change (hair and makeup mostly.)
Early Badge Retrieval— Please go to the Show Office at the St. Charles Convention Center upstairs to check in to pick up your pre-registered badge or purchase a badge to skip the lines. You must present your name, ID (if you are doing an 18+ or pre-registered), and state you are with the Okashi Fashion Show. All of the same rules still apply to this as it would in registration, like the cosplay discount. You may only pick up or purchase your own badge. You may not pick up or purchase your fellow models or anyone else’s badges.